Happy Trails To You 2

I just found this great picture of the young lady who grew up in our house. It's from 1919, when she was five years old. The photo is located in the Indiana State Museum's Faces of Indiana collection and had been submitted by Mrs. Florence Hutchinson Lonsford herself. I believe it was taken outside our house with the neighbor's home across the street visible in the background. I know from Sanborn Insurance maps that the lot to the south used to have a stable (as did many homes prior to automobiles), but I just can't imagine keeping a pony in town. But think of all the great compost we could have, hmmm. Sure makes my stick horse look puny.

Comments

  1. Ben:

    I do think this is our house in the background. This must have been right after they moved it to build your house.

    Scott
    http://scotthutcheson.typepad.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment